Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
As of April 23, 2014, no local questions or issues have been filed.
All Board meetings are held at the Wayne County Board of Elections office at 200 Vanover St. Suite #1, Wooster, OH. They are open to the public.
- January – no meeting (conference)
- February 11th at 10:30 a.m.
- March 4th at 10:30 a.m. (reorganizational meeting)
- April 17th at 10:30 a.m.
- May 6th – Election Day
- May 19th at 10:30 a.m.
- May 22 at 10:30 a.m.
- June 10 at 10:30 a.m.
- July 8 at 10:30 a.m.
- August 12 at 10:30 a.m.
- September 8 at 10:30 a.m.
- October 14 at 10:30 a.m.
- November 4 – Election Day
- November 17 at 10:30 a.m.
- November 20 at 10:30 a.m.
- December 9 at 10:30 a.m.
- February 5, 2014: Declarations of candicacy for partisan candidates must be filed by 4 p.m.
- February 5, 2014: Local questions and issues for primary/special election, including local option petitions, must be certified to or filed with boards of elections by 4 p.m.
- April 1, 2014: Non-UOCAVA absentee ballots for May 6 primary election must be ready – i.e. early voting begins.
- April 7, 2014: Deadline for voter registration for May 6 primary election
- May 5, 2014: Nominating petitions of independent candidates for offices for which a primary election may be held must be filed by 4 p.m.
- May 6, 2014: Primay Election Day. Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- August 6, 2014: Local questions and issues for general election, including local option petitions, must be certified to or filed with boards of elections by 4 p.m.
- Sept. 30, 2014: Non-UOCAVA absentee ballots for May 6 primary election must be ready – i.e. early voting begins.
- Oct. 6, 2014: Deadline for voter registration for Nov. 4 general election
- Nov. 4, 2014: General Election Day. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Wayne County Board of Elections has changed the location of a number of precincts in the county, effective for the November 5, 2013 General Election. The process to determine the new locations has taken place over a period of 14 months. The driving force behind most of the changes is improved compliance with the American With Disabilities Act (ADA). The Department of Justice requires that polling locations meet a number of standards for accessibility. In an effort to better improve access to all Wayne County voters, we identified a number of voting locations that are improvements over existing locations. We tried as much as possible to select locations that are centrally located for the voters they serve.
Below is a list of new precincts. All voters affected by these changes should have received a postcard in the mail informing them of this change. Thank you for your patience during this transition period.
|Old Precinct||New Precinct|
|Ritt-2: Fire Station||Autumnwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center - 275 E. Sunset Dr., Rittman|
|Ritt-3: Rittman Presby Church||Rittman Recreation Center – 200 Saurer St., Rittman|
|Ritt-4: United Methodist Church||Rittman Recreation Center – 200 Saurer St., Rittman|
|Ritt-5: Rittman Christian Church||Rittman Recreation Center – 200 Saurer St., Rittman|
|1-D: Gault Learning Center||First Presbyterian Church – 621 College Ave., Wooster|
|1-E: Lamplighters||Wooster Community Center – 241 S. Bever St., Wooster|
|4-B: Westminster Church||First Presbyterian Church – 621 College Ave., Wooster|
|4-C: Heartland Christian Ctr.*||Move to new Worship Center at same location.|
|4-G: Kinney Building^||Parkview Christian Church – 1912 Burbank Rd., Wooster|
|Ca-2: Trinity United Methodist||Burbank Parke Care Center – 14976 Burbank Rd., Burbank|
|Ca-4: Creston Fire Station||Canaan Free Will Baptist Church – 12723 Cleveland Rd., Creston|
|Chip-9: Chippewa High School||Doylestown United Methodist Church – 153 Church St., Doylestown|
|Cli-2/Cli-3: Shreve Christian||Shreve United Methodist (Family Activities Center) - 430 N. Main St., Shreve|
|Con-3: Congress Twp. House||Old Stone Church – 6000 Congress Rd., Wooster|
|EU-2: Southwood Lumber||The Pines Golf Club (Restaurant) - 1319 N. Millborne Rd., Orrville|
|Gr-1: Orrville YMCA^||Wayne College (Smucker Multipurpose Room) - 1901 Smucker Rd., Orrville|
|Gr-5: Wayne College*||Move to the Smucker Multipurpose Room in Wayne College|
|Pt-1: Village Building||Paint Township Fire Department – 15987 Main St., Mt. Eaton|
|Salt-1: Town Hall||Fredericksburg Presbyterian Church – 201 N. Mill St., Fredericksburg|
|Way-2: Wayne Twp. Garage^||Church of the Cross Methodist – 5100 Cleveland Rd, Wooster|
|Wst-1: Lamplighters||Combined with Wooster Twp. 2|
|Wst-2: Twp. Fire Station||The Cat’s Meow Village - 2163 Great Trails Dr., Wooster|
|Wst-3: Triway High School||New Hope Community Church – 969 Blachleyville Rd., Wooster|
*moving within the same facility
^moving to an existing precinct facility