- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- You are not incarcerated (in prison) for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
Methods to Register
- In person at any Board of Elections office in the state of Ohio.
- By mail (see below).
- When renewing Ohio Driver’s License.
- Designated agencies such as public libraries and human service agencies.
Voter Registration Form
Download and fill out the Voter Registration Form on your computer. Please read all instructions carefully, then type within the form itself on your computer (the form is an Adobe PDF file).
After the form is filled out, print it, sign it and mail to:
Wayne County Board of Elections
200 Vanover St. Suite 1
Wooster, OH 44691-4849
You may also take the completed form in person to a Board of Elections office; the Ohio Secretary of State’s office; “Designated agencies” including any BMV, ODJFS, RSC, or Deputy Registrars; any county treasurer’s office; any public high school or vocational school; or any public library.
Notice: Your properly completed Voter Registration Form must be postmarked or received by the 30th day before the election at which you wish to vote. You will be notified by your county Board of Elections of the location where you vote. If you do not receive a notice prior to Election Day, please contact your county Board of Elections.
For more information about voter registration, refer to the Ohio Secretary of State’s Voter Registration Instructions.
Am I Registered?
You can verify if you are registered in the state of Ohio, and more importantly, in Wayne County, by visiting the Ohio Secretary of State’s Voter Look Up.